Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 03 Scenic II 1.6 MOT Failure

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 21st March 2014 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
03 Scenic II 1.6 MOT Failure

Firstly sorry if this the wrong section, it wont let me post in the Scenic section and it says choose an section in this forum that relevant to you, well Ive a few questions of different matters so I hope this is ok!

Hi Ive had my 03 Scenic 1.6 in for its MOT today and it has failed on alot! Last year it passed without a single advisory!

Ive a few questions.

The exhaust, does my model have a centre pipe or box? Major leak every where on the exhaust even though its only 2yrs old!

Is it possible at all to change the track rod ends yourself? Ive read you really need a press with this model? Debating wether to just do the whole package eg bottom arms etc so I can do it myself.
This kit. 4.m1423.l2649

When I rang a local parts dealer he said there is 2 different lengths of track rod ends for the mk2 scenic? Is this true because Ive not read anything online saying so?

One of the failures is 008 on the pic.

Offside rear caliper limited free movement? What does this mean? Piston seized?

Last year it came up with check parking brake when the battery died but its worked fine.

Will the caliper need to be replaced or could I try giving it a good clean and push the piston back in and see if it retracts when the brake pedal is pressed?

Any help would be appreciated, dont worry about me sounding like a novice and playing with brakes! Ill be assisting my inlaw to get it all done and his cousin is a mechanic but a very greedy one! Just doing my homework, worried that the caliper has seen its last days and its going to burn a bigger hole in my pocket!

Thanks Jono

Currently in JonoWilliams's garage:
2003 Scenic Expression II 1.6 16v
  5 Lastest Threads by JonoWilliams
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Help with car value General Chat madnoel10 19 1948 2nd July 2014 11:34 AM
03 Scenic II 1.6 MOT Failure Cars & motoring JonoWilliams 2 860 21st March 2014 03:08 PM
Scenic II new resisitor loom Electronics JonoWilliams 0 506 18th August 2013 08:01 PM
Scenic II heater blower only working on speed 4 Heating & cooling JonoWilliams 4 1311 31st October 2012 06:46 PM
Scenic II Expression window problem Interiors madnoel10 1 621 30th October 2012 08:17 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome