Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 02 Megane Throttle/Idle problem

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 23rd March 2014 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thumbs down 02 Megane Throttle/Idle problem

Morning folks,

I have seen other threads about a variety of Megane problems but nothing quite fits the problems I am having.

Purchased an 2002 Megane 1.4 16v Expression back in January and all seemed fine at the time. A few days after owning the car, I started to experience a loss of power, very similar to what I had in my 03 Clio. I replaced the ignition coils with 4 brand new ones and it seemed to ease the problem.

Now, two months on, the problem seems to be getting worse again. I'll explain below..

Engine starts first time no problems
I have full throttle control and can pull away perfectly

When I get around 100-200 yards down the road, all of a sudden I have what feels like a sudden loss of power. My foot can be fully to the floor but she just has no throttle what so ever - i come to an almost stop and then suddenly she has power again and roars away and I don't have a problem at all during my drive.

It seems very odd that it just seems to be when the car is first started and those first few minutes of driving. I experience loss of power for around 3 seconds before it goes back to normal.

It happens at all times of the day and night, so it isn't just the cold weather. It doesn't seem to do it if I stop the car and then get back in it shortly after - say 10 minutes.

It is just so bizarre that it is exactly the same each time down to the exact same part of the road.

Any ideas folks?
Currently in darrent's garage:
2002 Renault Megane 1.4 16v Expression
  5 Lastest Threads by darrent
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Megane II Lambda Sensor Exhausts darrent 0 757 4th April 2014 01:09 PM
02 Megane Throttle/Idle problem Cars & motoring darrent 4 877 23rd March 2014 08:43 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome