Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna I and major problems

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 15th March 2007
Technical Supremo

Nominated 16 Times in 67 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 28
Thanked 5,199 Times in 4,711 Posts
Don't shoot the messenger

Hi Futsy Ė what exactly is the issue here? Is it you donít like the report (none of us like to hear bad news but we donít shoot the messenger) or do you disagree with it. I have no doubt the 3 independents you went to do not wish to enter into a legal issue with either you or other garages (thatís what solicitors are for). I am fairly sure their public liability insurers would not be willing to get involved. Would you be prepared to do so under similar circumstances?
Without further inspection (ideally by an independent qualified engineer) I cannot see how this issue can be resolved. It may be the first garageís report is correct. One other point regarding the corrosion is that the vehicle may have been involved in an accident or been subjected to flooding or used for beach driving prior to you owning it. If itís rusted to the point of being unsafe all the inspections in the world wonít cure it. You also have to consider you asked for a pre-MOT check and rightly or wrongly they have given you their considered opinion. If they overlooked a safety aspect and there was a serious accident as a result I could make a good guess where you would be seeking redress. Is your gripe regarding the inaccuracy of the report or is it an issue of honesty. If you asked for advice from a solicitor or an Independent Advisory Organisation they would probably advise to take the matter up with the garage that created the report.
Currently in madnoel10's garage:
Honda Civic 1.4l
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome