Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 03 Scenic II 1.6 MOT Failure

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 24th March 2014 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: 03 Scenic II 1.6 MOT Failure

Originally Posted by Dancingdad View Post
Track rod ends are easy to do and need no tools more special then a hammer and spanner.
But car will need tracking afterwards if doing yourself.

Exhausts.... I'd bang it into one of the exhaust centers for a look and quote. Chances are with a support gone, joints are leaking but could have cracked a pipe.

Restrictive movement on caliper...not a clue and I'm not a novice with brakes.
Possibly means that brakes are siezing on or that slide pins aren't sliding.
Could be handbrake lever on the caliper isn't returning.
Needs a coating of looking at and may just be clean and lube or could be new caliper
Got it all done on Saturday

Exhaust from the cat was knackered cost 70 for a centre and back box that I fitted myself.

Still not an idea what he meant by the caliper, asked a few mates who are car dealers and they said they've not heard of that one before. All they could think is that the caliper isnt releasing properly after the brakes are pressed or the handbrake has been on.

Anyway phoned the family member who booked it in with his mate and he was told it was because one wheel isnt spinning as freely as the other!?

All I done was jack the back end up after hearing this and spun the wheels and they rotated as they should!? After taking some videos of this I phoned him back and now he has changed his mind and said it might be because the brakes are out of balance, I instantly replied it would say something completely different on the MOT in that case!

This said family member who booked it in Ive had problems with and has openly said to other family he's awaiting his opportunity to strike, and my mate the car dealer said that the MOT tester is passing everything thats going through!

We all think the family member has told him to fail it, one thing that realy got me is one of the advisories. Brake pipe front to back slightly corroded... I check and 100% of that brake pipe is rust free! All that was on it was a thick tar like muck, underneath that muck was brand new brake pipe!

After speaking to some people there is definately a fishy smell in the air!
Currently in JonoWilliams's garage:
2003 Scenic Expression II 1.6 16v
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome