Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Extended Warranty

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 15th March 2007
S.M.A.R.T.(y) Pants
Nominated 11 Times in 37 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 17
Thanked 2,467 Times in 1,851 Posts
Originally Posted by telboy1949 View Post
Sarah, I take it your car is out of warranty. Its not really playing with a straight bat, trying to get a company to remedy things that are already playing up surely. This must come close to fraud.
Well, I don't know if I would necessarily agree with that - faults can appear at any time, and I'm sure if the company was inundated with a claim on the day the warranty commenced, then they may be suspicious (but what can they do?). They don't insist on a full inspection of the car prior to the application's approval, and since (most) of us aren't mechanics, how can we be held liable for knowing a fault existed?

I wouldn't say it was fraudulent - bordering on the unethical, perhaps. But I would do it!

Noel, the warranty is transferrable to the next owner (a real asset for a private sale).

Sarah, from what I gather, no warranty will pay for diagnostic checks (otherwise, this could be open to abuse from paranoid owners, and over-zealous garages), but if a fault exists that is covered, then they are good at pre-approving repairs. I have no connection with the company, other than being a satisfied customer who will put my car on their books once its own warranty expires.

Hope it helps.

This job should never be complete - the day I think I've done it all, is the day I resign.

S.M.A.R.T. Technician
Currently in VelSatisfied's garage:
2005 FIAT Ducato 2.8JTD LWB Gran Volume, 2000 Kawasaki ZZR 1100 D7 'fullpower' in black + full GIVI & KAPPA luggage, 2007 MB R-Class 320 CDi Sport LWB uprated by Brabus to 300Bhp don't know if there's a 155mph limiter - will be fun finding out! 2004 Mercedes Vaneo 1.7 CDi Ambiente 7-seater
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome