Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Grande Scenic - Stage 3 car seats don't fit

View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 16th March 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I am going to close this thread with my findings after a 7 month battle where I have ended with zero faith in my car or in Renault as a company.

High back stage three boosters do not correctly fit this car - FACT. The only one that sort of does is the Renault Kidplus which is made by a division of Britax. (Only the belted version will work not the new model Isofix about to be launched).

To fit the seat safely (I took the car and seat to Britax after Renault refused to investigate this or help further) you must slide the rear sites most or all of the way forward otherwise operation of the seat belt is flawed. Renaults instructions do not make this clear.

No stage three high back is suitable for the third row of seats.

I have taken legal advise because I feel operation of the car is impeded - the back seats now have very limited legroom or the front seat passengers are not comfortable. The advise I got is that because by moving the rear seats you can sort of fit a seat Renault can get out of the loophole and I would struggle with a case.

Britax agree with my view that ultimately the problem is because of the position and angle or the rear pillar where the seat belt is mounted.

Basically the 5 star family car really is not family friendly, Renault will not admit it despite problems in the UK and bigger problems in Germany where high back seats have to be used until 150cm not 135cm as in the UK.

Anyone want to buy a 54 plate 1.9dci Grande Scenic with 30K miles as I am selling - will even throw in two Renault high back stage three seats!!!!!!
Currently in pauldv's garage:
S-Max Titanium - Hooray the Renault has gone....
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome