Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Extended Warranty

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 16th March 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by telboy1949 View Post
Sarah, I take it your car is out of warranty. Its not really playing with a straight bat, trying to get a company to remedy things that are already playing up surely. This must come close to fraud.
I suppose I had not even thought about it like that to be honest - but I believe that a warranty is there to fix niggles with your car that are above and beyond what is just wear and tear - so therefore, whether you had the niggles or not before the warranty, I think thats what it is there for? ( although I can totally understand how some people may feel this is unethical - but I dont think I do really).

Yes my car is out of warranty and following joining this site I have been surprised at the number of niggles that my car has that I have seen other forum members have also had- and they are faults that I have always had with the car but I just accepted as part of my car (or not even realised were niggles at all!)- now I am realising that these are actual niggles which should be fixed for I will have a much better car then.

Also, I have noticed that there are a number of members who have had niggles that seem to not show up when Renault check them out. I have had this difficulty with my handsfree locking when my car was still under Renault's manufacturers warranty but they didnt fix it as they could never get it to fault on the day. doesnt mean that the problem has gone away though - it has reared up again for me!

So anyway, I really feel that my car has more niggles than it should and if I can find a way of sorting them then I shall do it!

p.s. Paul, thanks for the info - its reassuring to hear of a company from recommendation. I have a good link to a local VAT approved garage who will sort my car out - not going near Renault lol!

Thanks for the comments though - Im fairly new to this process
Currently in uvsarah's garage:
'53 Megane Dynamique 2.0L Sport Hatch (Black)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome