Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 99 2.0 Espace 19MPG Ahhhhhhhh

View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 16th March 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to andybristol
UPDATE. a strange thing happened this morning I pulled into my local petrol station stopped at the pump realised I was too far away from the pump reversed back and drove forward only to find I had a rock hard brake pedal ?? Umm well I was dressed in me 9's so didn't want to get dirty so time to call the AA, they arrived within 20 mins and found that the vacuum pipe had come away from the fuel injection module. he re trimmed the rubber pipe and refitted it and hey presto brakes back 100%...... Now I was thinking that if this pipe has been loose or split then it would have been sucking air in for some time. this would affect the mixture reaching the engine, or moreover the electronics would try to richen the mixture by pumping in loads of fuel in to compensate for too much air. So maybe inadvertently this has found the problem not only with the brakes but maybe the fuel economy problem. I'll monitor it for a week or so and see what happens and update you all soon.
Currently in andybristol's garage:
1999 Espace 2.0 8v Auto
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome