Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Which One To Buy Discussion

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 16th March 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hi, just recently had this dilema. I travel between 11500 and 13000 miles per year. I had a 1.6 Vauxhall Zafira, and couldn't make up my mind whether to go for another 1.6 or a diesel.

I worked out that over a 4 year period ( this is usual time I keep a car) I should at least break even and maybe be a little better off, particulary if my anual mileage continues to rise a bit. I took into account, purchase price, likely resale, VEL and fuel costs (diesel more expensive than unleaded)etc. Its definately worth doing the sums in each case. Mines was based on buying used and was vehicle/model specific to cars I was intersted in.

I ended up buying the Grand Scenic 1.9 diesel and I have to say, I really enjoy the better power. The 1.6 was fine but when loaded etc it could at times feel a little sluggish.

I eased the initial pain by buying a year older than I originally set out for ( just have to keep telling myself to ignore the numbers on the plate )and I have a years less warranty. What have I done, a Renault with only 8 months warranty left.!!!!!
Currently in pmf's garage:
2004 Renault Grand Scenic 1.9DCi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome