Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault are disgracefull

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 16th March 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry Renault are disgracefull

My 06 Scenic 2 now needs a 3rd new auto gearbox, total mileage 5800, 1000 miles since last replacement.
Needless to say i'm totally pi$$ed off.
But the thing that has got me most upset is Renault uk and the dealers attitude to it all. I'm obviously just a nuisance to them by asking to have it fixed. They have put any and every obstacle in the way of repairing the car this time.
My car is a motability vehicle and they have taken up my case against renault's poor attitude and service and whilst on the phone with Renault they were told by renault that as my car is more than 1 year old they don't have as many obligations!!!
Car registered 1st March 06
Statement by Renault 14th March 07.
1year 14 days old.
Motability had to point out that last gearbox was fitted at 10 months old and less than 1000 miles ago and has now failed.
After talks with motability, the car will now be repaired next week with me getting a hire car via renault, (this was another issue, dealer and renault both refused to supply me with an automatic car)
Motability have told me that there are 'ongoing serious issues' with renault uk at the moment and have given me the option (with recommendation) to return the car and get a new one which i will be doing.
Needless to say it will not be a Renault!!
I think it is an absolute disgrace that a car can need 2 new gearboxes within such a low mileage and short space of time, but how Renault can keep customers when they treat people this way is beyond me, i will never buy another and will gladly tell any and everyone how i've been treated.
Currently in bigdavy's garage:
2006 Scenic 2 1.6 VVti Auto Dynamique and a 1976 Jaguar XJ6.
  5 Lastest Threads by bigdavy
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Scenic 1 rear light unit Bodywork yrag 1 1401 10th May 2007 07:18 PM
Renault Scenic - How Do I Find Out About Recalls? Scenic Charliehigh2016 27 18256 2nd May 2007 10:49 AM
Happy Easter Cars & motoring ottoman 2 876 6th April 2007 10:47 AM
Scenic 2 centre consol. Interiors ottoman 3 1427 20th March 2007 08:56 PM
Renault are disgracefull Cars & motoring ottoman 9 2199 16th March 2007 10:18 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome