Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #573 of (permalink) Old 17th March 2007
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
FoI Request - Help and Advice Please

Having filed my FoI request requesting all minutes, e-mail correspondence and any data collated from the investigations that VOSA completed, I've now received an acknowledgement, and now 2 further "time extended" responses. I think it is going legal as the last response I received yesterday advises legal advise and a public interest test needs to be completed.

"I am writing to advise you that the time limit for responding to your request for information which the Agency initially received on 23rd January 2006 needs to be further extended.

It is occasionally necessary to extend the 20 working day time limit for issuing a response. In exceptional cases, a second extension is sometimes necessary. In the case of your request, I must further extend the time limit by an additional 10 working days to allow the Agency to consider legal advice sought on this case and complete a public interest test concerning this request.

I hope to let you have a response by 3rd April 2006. If you do not receive my response or further information by then, please contact me and I will investigate the matter."

I think my request is more of an interest for me to drive - as the whole case completed by VOSA related specifically to the case I filed to them (as outlined by Meesh's FoI request!)

Does anyone know my legal standing on this, if they pose a "legal challenge" preventing my obtaining all of the details relating to MY case!?

Aaron Brigatti
Brigatti Online -

Clio Bonnet-Catch Issues?
- Read the Correspondence Archive (Recently Updated!) @
- and the latest on my experiences @

Currently in brigatti's garage:
2009 Audi A4 1.4 TFSI
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome