Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio - Bodywork - Sun roof leak - 1994 Clio

View Single Post
post #27 of (permalink) Old 17th March 2007
chris m
Let's be carefull out there
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Send a message via MSN to chris m
Originally Posted by madnoel10 View Post
I have 1994 model and despite all the rumours have never found the so called drain holes -I don't believe they even exist and if they did where do they drain to. I have searched the Internet and the Haynes manual and also spoke to Renault technicians. I know some cars have drain channels and hoses which usually lead into the front wheel arches or front bonnet scuttle. Its most likely to be the aerial as already said. If you take it to renault thay say it needs a new rubber seal (cost 250 plus - not worth it I say). Try the aerial seating first -failing that open the sunroof and clean round and underneath the edge of the rubber - its usually full of gunge and then treat it with a silicone rubber spray (available at good motor factors). By doing htis I have been able to solve the prob and open the sunroof at least once a month - if you can park it up somewhere safe and leave it 24 hours or more it lets the rubber expand to its natural shape. Maybe I'm wrong but if any body knows the whereabouts of the so-called drain holes and hoses please let me know.

The drain holes are only on the later models I believe.
Currently in chris m's garage:
2000 Scenic 2.0 16v Monaco, BMW 3 Series, Pug 206
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome