Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic Recall

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 17th March 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 2 Times in 3 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Originally Posted by VelSatisfied View Post
Hi there, I witnessed many recalls when with Ford - and to be fair, the decision to implement a recall is taken fairly near the top of the tree (i.e. out of the dealer's hands). The company will first have identified a build-range of cars/models affected, collated the details (they have in conjunction with DVLA of those cars' owners), and built-up stocks of remplacement parts. It is only at this point (and it would be pointless to write before then) will they simultaneously contact owners and dealers.

It is important to remember when your car is subject to a recall, that your car is no less safe/reliable than it was before you were notified, unless it displays symptoms pertinent to the recall. As such, book it in at your earliest convenience, but don't panic.

Frustrating though, I know.

No disrespect Paul but possible seat belts could become detached from the rear seat belt stalks is a major safety issue, an 8 hour repair, adhesive to harden prior to use . 5star crash rating means nothing if your belt does not hold you .

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome