Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Demister / AC Panel + Fuse Box Nightmare

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 17th March 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 4 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
If yopu need to replace the whole fuse box (I burnt something whilst trying to fit an amp and my tail-lights died forever!) you will probably need to take the dash out.

You 'may' be able to do it without taking the dash out, but it will be hard pulling the connecters off the old fuse box (they may well be jammed after all this time) and harder still to plug them into the new one. Also, ideally you will need to see what you are doing which will be impossible with the dash in place. I marked all the connecters to make sure I put them back in the right places but I had the dash out to attempt the matrix anyway - 2 birds with one stone.

The fuse box itself is held in place on a sort of pivot but I don't think there was any 'rod' type thingy going through it, just a 'pinch' type thing that held the box in place.

I take it you checked the wire under the passenger side sill when the relay was still clicking? If not, I would swap the relays about (it might be blown).... I don't think it will do any harm... I swapped mine around a few times but waitn for someone to confirm that. Those relays are exactly the same so it won't be no bother. Also, did you check for power on BOTH sides of the connection boot in the boot (sorry if I'm stating the obvious)
Currently in TazzyK's garage:
Renault Clio 1.4 16v Privilege (2004), Renault Megane 1.5 dCi 106 Expression (2005), Volkswagon Passat 2.0 TDi S (2006), Alfa Romeo 159 2.4 JTDm QTronic Lusso (2008)

Last edited by TazzyK; 17th March 2007 at 09:41 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome