Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Demister / AC Panel + Fuse Box Nightmare

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 18th March 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 4 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Hi, yes it is a stupid design, but I guess 9 times out of 10 you wouldn't really need to replace the fuse box unless you have been messing with the electrics like I did - it was quite a relief when I got everything working again though.

I have just scanned a diagram for the rear heater from my Haynes manual, but I'm probably not allowed to post it here, so if you pm me your email address I'll email it to you.

It's not all that difficult to remove the dash, albeit very time-consuming (about 5-7 hours).

What I did was to remove certain components and bag all the screws for that component and labels them - this made refitting easier as I didn't have any screws left over like I normally would!

With the steering wheel / airbag, disconnect the battery 15 minutes minumum before starting dismantling the steering wheel. Haynes recommend taking the fuse out 15 minutes after disconnecting the battery and then waiting another 15 minutes. You will need a big torx socket for the steering wheel centre screw. Ideally you need to renew this screw after removing it and use thread locking paste when refitting in anycase
Currently in TazzyK's garage:
Renault Clio 1.4 16v Privilege (2004), Renault Megane 1.5 dCi 106 Expression (2005), Volkswagon Passat 2.0 TDi S (2006), Alfa Romeo 159 2.4 JTDm QTronic Lusso (2008)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome