Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - What is the anti-corrossion warranty on a Lag 2 03 plate?

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 18th March 2007
Banned User
Curveball Champion
Nominated 9 Times in 16 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 10
Thanked 3,511 Times in 2,879 Posts
Have you owned the car from new?

If not, do you know the complete history of the car?

If not you may be on a loser.

I had a small rust problem with my prior Lag 1 Hardly noticeable really, but within 5 minutes of taking the car back to Renault they categorically stated that the small rust affected area had been involved in some impact damage and also resprayed, this alleged damage hadn't occurred during the time I owned the car, therefore if it did happen it must have happened before the car was 10 months old.
I was asked to identify the garage where the repair work had been carried out, and also prove they had carried out the work to Renaults own specific procedure's

Needlessly to say I found it less difficult to carry out the repair work myself.

BTW I think the anti perforation warranty is good for 7 years. But I would guess this is only valid if the car has always been serviced by Renault thus giving them the chance to notify you of problems.

In conclusion I don't think the anti peroration warranty is worth very much really.
Currently in hondo's garage:
1.6 Valve-Matic SR. Red hot, toasty feet.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome