Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna purchase

Thread: Laguna purchase
View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 2nd December 2005
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Originally Posted by KCS
Last question on Sat NAv. If it does not do full postcode search, can it still do full address search (ie if you enter house number, streetname and town?)
That's the way it normally works. First of all you enter the town, then the street, then (if the street is big enough) you have the option to enter the house number.

Where it all falls to bits is when it either doesn't recognise the town, or doesn't recognise the street you're going to as being in that town. I had a major problem findling places round here because it doesn't know the likes of 'Ellesmere Port' and 'Bromborough' - apparently I live in a town called 'South Wirral.'

The new system seems to have the same problem (in spite of them switching from Navtech to Navteq TeleAtlas) but at least it gives you the option of selecting 'all' towns and then entering the street name. That way it'll list every street in the country that matches, and you can just pick the one that looks right. Just don't try it wh that you're not looking for "Green Lane" because there are millions of them.

Can you also buy a seperate disc which covers europe (remember I am looking at a 02 or 52 year model)
For the whole of Europe, you'll need to buy several extra discs. It's a CD based system (the more modern ones use DVD) so there just isn't the space for the whole of Europe on a single disc. I believe the discs from the VDO Dayton on-line shop are compatible. Last time I looked, a single country would set you back around 100 quid, and the full European set was a shocking 800-ish.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome