Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 2011 Megane 1.5dci Issue

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 1st April 2014
Platinum member
Nominated 6 Times in 17 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Thanked 1,153 Times in 1,014 Posts
Re: 2011 Megane 1.5dci Issue

You could be right..but "recently had the car serviced" and or where the tyres were fitted would be your initial area of.."hey guys you did the last bit of work here n now we got errors" fix this plz ,I would think.

There is one possible reason for a tyre change to cause abs/esp errors without disturbing anything .
Thats changing to a tyre size with in excess of 5% greater height than the original and or having tyres more than 5% greater in height on the front compared to the rear.
(which could happen if the rears have worn a bit and you get tyres more than 4% bigger n so on)

The above ^ is unlikely,I just mention it as a possibility or maybe the error is transitory and will clear overnight.How long since the service/tyre change and MOT?

Can you turn off the esp below 20 mph ? ,which I believe your able to do for like driving up a steep driveway in snow n ice etc? then it comes back on once you go above a certain speed. I dont have it on mine ,but maybe the MOT guys left it in eps off position or something

Currently in coup's garage:
RM III coupe 1.5dci FVT,Audi TT Mk1 ,a bike and too much rubbish.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome