Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Espace III - Electronics - How to resolve an airbag fault (how to with pics)

View Single Post
post #101 of (permalink) Old 1st April 2014
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Espace III - Electronics - How to resolve an airbag fault (how to with pi

Originally Posted by Jonny boy View Post
Hi All, I have the same airbag fault on our 1999 Espace. Had the problem for 5 years, every since it went to my local garage (not main dealer) for a bust cam belt and bent valves (only had the car 4 weeks at that point and just done 70k, very bad luck). So I am going to try the solder repairs, however, I suspect the ECU was blown when the battery was reconnected post the cam belt replacement. Has anyone expereinced this in the past? Also will any Matra ECU fit? I found one on E-bay, but it has a slightly different suffic to the Matra P/N. Ours is 6025312856 D, the one on ebay has an F on the end. There is a space between the P/N and the letter, so not sure if this is important. Any help will be greatly apprciated as this is now an MOT failure and it still a very good runner. Cheers.

I'm having the same problem with my 1999 espace, and wondered if you tried the ECU with the 'F' on the end?

Mine has the 'D' on the end, too, but I haven't been able to find one!

Many Thanks
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome