Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - WIPERS NOT WORKING in the rain (on Megane coupe (Mk1 Phase 2 2002))

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 2nd April 2014
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Re: WIPERS NOT WORKING in the rain (on Megane coupe (Mk1 Phase 2 2002))

I have a MKII Megane (2005 1.5 dci) and have had a similar problem with my wipers.

They were working, then not working, then working very slowly and, finally, not working at all.

There are no other electrical issues at all, just the wipers. I don't know a great deal about cars, I must admit. So I could do with some advice/help.

I was led to believe that there would be a relay for the front wipers. I had a look at the UCH and there is a small fuse there for the front wipers, but I couldn't see any relay or anything other than that small fuse. Is there a relay and is it hidden away somewhere else? Given that there are a few speed settings on the wipers, I'd have thought there would be something bigger than simple little fuse - but perhaps this is what the UCH is for.

Anyway, I had a friend who knows more about cars to look at it. The fuse was not damaged and the motor is working too (heused the battery and put some power into the motor - it worked and moved the wipers without problem). He suggested that it may have to go to Renault as the UCH could be damaged and the issue with coding etc means that it is best to have Renault deal with.

That sounded costly to me. The point is, he said that there was no power getting to the motor. My questions would be:

Is it possible that the motor needs a good clean?

Is there a relay on my model of car or just the UCH ?

Is it likely that the UCH is damaged if the only problems I am having are with the wipers?
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome