Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Lag 11 repair costs and fright.

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 20th March 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Lag 11 repair costs and fright.

Just had an expensive month but 3 items were cheap'.

Cam belt kit and precautionary fitting of new water pump...£450 at Renault dealers ( did not want to take a risk) at my local garage)

MOT £50.00.

Lower wishbone ball joint kit fitted £48.00 all in. cheap.

2 new tyres £134.00 Barum (made by Continental) cheap.

Went to Renaults to get new front brake pads to fit them myself after phoning to make sure they had them in stock, when I arrived to collect them I was told the mechanics had just used the last 2 sets but they had an opened box with a set that had already had copper grease on the back of them then the mechanic had discovered they were the wrong ones for the Renault he was working on, I got those for half price, cheap.

Fitted the pads very quickly and easily and did a road test, the brakes were pulling to the right and not working very good.

Although I did not disturb the brake fluid I decided to see if they needed bleeding, I did the right front and after putting about a half pint of fluid through I was still getting loads of bubbles.
I put the wheel back on and took the left front wheel off to bleed that one, there was a pool of brake fluid on the ground and the whole of the suspension and wheel were covered in brake fluid.
After searching for 10 minutes I found that a brake pipe had a hole in it caused by the anti roll bar rubbing on it, this could have been rubbing since the car was new, the car has never been damaged in any way since new.

It is a staggering coincidence that just as I decided to fit new pads the pipe finally wore through, the pipe was worn for about an inch in length. frightens me what could have happened at any other time.

My local garage fitted a complete new pipe the next morning for £75.00 after a slow drive to get there.
Currently in davesss's garage:
2002 Laguna Sports Tourer 1.8 Dynamique Moondust VF1KGOB, Fiat Siecento Micheal Schumaker, Kawasaki KLE M/Cycle and a cheap Mountain Bike.

Last edited by davesss; 20th March 2007 at 12:47 AM.
  5 Lastest Threads by davesss
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Fast Car ! General Chat madnoel10 5 1200 3rd October 2012 04:20 PM
Lag 11 1.9 diesel tubo problem Other makes faram21 7 4229 16th April 2012 11:03 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome