Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #591 of (permalink) Old 20th March 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 2 Times in 3 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Originally Posted by natwexy View Post
I drive a W reg (2000) and was driving along a dual carraigeway on sundsay (18th match 2007) at 50mph when my bonnet swung open smashing my windscreen to pieces, the bonnet stayed up obstructing my view- I was forced to do an emergency stop in the middle lane (thank god nobody slammed into me from behind) and then pull up on a patch of grass nearby. I Contacted renault yesterday and evan though this has happened to over 1000 people already, they will not admit any liability for what happened. I know have a big payout to get the car repaired (windscreen, bonnet and possibly the roof- it may evan be a right off) will NEVER drive a renault again.

If anyone has a mark 2 clio, I would urge you to go to your nearest dealer and get the bonnet catch checked out. It was an awful and extremely terrifying experience.

Glad you are OK and nobody was hurt, But the mental scare can take one hell of a time to get over. I am very wary of driving behind Clio's now...

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome