Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - General Reliability Discussion

View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 20th March 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by madnoel10 View Post
Personally I would never buy an ex company or Motobility car. It's simply this - a driver who isn't responsible for its upkeep will tend to mistreat the vehicle (their attitude tends to be "so what I'm not paying"). Bought an Motobility car once and Oh dear was I bitten.- never again.
I think that is a terrible statement regarding motability cars, perhaps company car drivers abuse their cars but motability drivers NEED their cars and pay a lot of money every month to have it. Why would someone with mobility problems who relies on their car abuse it and risk being stranded with a broken car?
Modern cars should have no problem with doing small mileages, however my scenic is now getting a THIRD new autogearbox in less than 6000 miles from new. The problem is with the poor reliability by renault cars which is further exasperated by renault uk's rotten attitude towards their customers. Thanksfully motability is now taking my car off me due to the amount of problems i've had and i'll be getting a new car, definetley not another renault!
I hope the OP has better luck in the future with their car.
Currently in bigdavy's garage:
2006 Scenic 2 1.6 VVti Auto Dynamique and a 1976 Jaguar XJ6.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome