Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Vel Satis Problems

View Single Post
post #61 of (permalink) Old 20th March 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via Skype™ to twoscarecrows
Originally Posted by brighty View Post
I will happily chat to any Vel satis drivers who stop me.

I have another reason to adore my car, I'm 6ft 10 and it is one of the only cars I can sit in without my left knee brushing my chin or turning the radio on and off!!

I'm a little concerned at what the budget holds in store for my road tax, I may re-new online tonight and stomach the 190 as it's sure to go up tomorrow!
Hi Brighty

I'm only 5'6" yet we have the same car - I suppose it matches your size, but for me it feels like I'm captain of a starship. In other words, its bloody huge and I love it. I've never been able to turn anything on or off with my left knee, but at least in this car I don't have to bother with switching a lot of things on or off (except for the damned wing mirrors that constantly forget their position each time I unlock the doors).

I've just had mine converted to run on LPG and I am in the process of writing to the DVLA to let them know. I don't know if I will make a saving on road tax, but I no longer feel guilty about using the engine to its potential at 40.9p/litre. Did you know that this thing is actually quite fast and will rev past 2000rpm?
Currently in twoscarecrows's garage:
2002 Vel Satis 3.5 Initiale
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome