Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Vel Satis Problems

View Single Post
post #62 of (permalink) Old 21st March 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via Yahoo to brighty
Originally Posted by twoscarecrows View Post
Hi Brighty

I'm only 5'6" yet we have the same car - I suppose it matches your size, but for me it feels like I'm captain of a starship. In other words, its bloody huge and I love it. I've never been able to turn anything on or off with my left knee, but at least in this car I don't have to bother with switching a lot of things on or off (except for the damned wing mirrors that constantly forget their position each time I unlock the doors).

I've just had mine converted to run on LPG and I am in the process of writing to the DVLA to let them know. I don't know if I will make a saving on road tax, but I no longer feel guilty about using the engine to its potential at 40.9p/litre. Did you know that this thing is actually quite fast and will rev past 2000rpm?
I'm glad it isn't just me whos electric mirrors face the sky every now and again!
I had made the enquiry about the gas conversition but I heard a couple of horror stories regarding it, so it's gone on the back burner for the time being.
I'm also worried I will lose out on the performance, I appreciate a quarter of a tank of petrol disapears when I do it but flooring the accelerator is amazing, it's like poking a bear with a stick!
Look out for me in the Essex area, I'm the one flooring it at the traffic lights then pulling in the nearest BP station!!
Currently in brighty's garage:
2003 Renault Vel Satis 3.5 Initiale
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome