Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - LagunaII Dashboard Problems

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 21st March 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
LagunaII Dashboard Problems

I am driving a 2001 LagunaII 1.6 with 51K on the clock.

Started it this morning and the dashboard was completely dead. Only indication was the red 'STOP' light. No other lights, no speedo, rev counter, fuel gauge etc.

Seemed to be driving fine so I took it to my Renault dealer. He is fully booked today, so he had a quick look and reckoned the problem is the clock assembly, which presumably will cost an arm and a leg to replace, and won't be covered by Renault.

Anyway decided to check the fuses myself:
With the keycard out the immobiliser light flashes as normal on dash. I removed the immobiliser fuse (3rd fuse down on the right I think - 10A), and the immobiliser light stopped flashing.
With the fuse out I put in the keycard, and as expected got no action at all from the car.
Removed the keycard, replaced the fuse, put the keycard in again and hey presto the dash jumped back into life.

This doesn't seem like a dash problem to me !!!.

Are Renault taking the easy way out here ???

I realise that there are other threads with Laguna dash problems, but this one seemed to be a different flavour to the others.

Anyone had this before ??? Anyone seen this fix before ??? Is it really a fix or is the dash suspect ???

Any ideas welcome.
Currently in LagunaII's garage:
2008 Laguna III - 1.5 Diesel
  5 Lastest Threads by LagunaII
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
The New Laguna 3 Cars & motoring Marco Ullasci 8 1631 13th May 2008 06:34 PM
Drivers Door Sensor On LagunaII Electronics LagunaII 2 1078 15th October 2007 09:32 AM
LagunaII Dashboard Problems Electronics shdwong 7 2351 21st March 2007 12:07 PM
Laguna II - Anti Pollution Light On Engines jimbow1 13 4870 9th November 2006 10:19 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome