Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - MK3 Clio, rusty front subframe.

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 6th April 2014 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
MK3 Clio, rusty front subframe.

I have noticed, well should I say "my mechanic" has noticed how rusty the front subframe is getting on the clio. Its obvious when the sound cover/guard comes off to take the oil bung out for an oil change.

He hits it a few times with a hammer and some rust falls off he reckons the guard is a bit of a water trap, but i like having it there to keep the engine relatively clean and free from water off the road.

So, this summer I'm planning to paint it up a bit. I've noticed some people dismantle a lot of their car to paint the bits up, but I'm looking to do it all in situ.

Has anyone noticed how rusty the mk3 clio front subframe gets? And has anyone painted it up a bit? I was think of painting a few bits up and was looking for some hints and tips, if possible
Currently in Sparkus's garage:
Clio III 1.5dci 86 Dynamique
  5 Lastest Threads by Sparkus
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
MK3 DCI exhaust manifold - nightmare? Exhausts Dancingdad 14 486 13th August 2016 11:32 AM
Clio MK3 DCI not reaching temperature. Heating & cooling twodogs 1 236 25th March 2016 12:08 PM
Clio mk3 rear springs, quick questions... Steering and Suspension Phil48 8 430 20th March 2016 09:22 PM
Metal Particles in fuel filter... Engines bugsb 9 590 16th January 2016 07:44 PM
Clio mk3 rear drums query? Brakes/Hubs Sparkus 8 444 8th January 2016 04:18 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome