Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - the dreaded handbrake

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 6th April 2014 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
the dreaded handbrake

im hoping someone could help me please. I bought a scenic II 1.5dCi the other day and it had (1 week ago) had new pads and discs fitted and the 2 hand brake cables. The seller said the handbrake just needs resetting. I drove it home fine and the handbrake worked, just not auto. Anyway it started to make a grinding noise when it was applying the handbrake. I found the reset procedure on the forum and reset it. Unfortunately the 'service'light and parking symbol came back on with 'technical fault' as before however it did seem to sort the grinding noise (grinding noise= as if its trying to pull on the handbrake on more even though its already on ). Went for the first proper drive today and ended up pulling over as the rear n/s calliper was smoking its head off badly so i know they are dragging. I pulled the emergency handbrake release and drove it home with no issues and the smoking stopped. Im guessing the handbrake mech is knackered. Ive looked for a second hand unit, but they all have a load of code on them but dont match the code i have. What do i have to do? can i just put one on aslong as its for my make and model and manual gearbox???

Any help would be appreciated as i love the car and its really really taken the 'buzz' away

Currently in ru88erduck2010's garage:
2004 Renault Scenic II 1.5 dCi (80)
  5 Lastest Threads by ru88erduck2010
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Please can someone Tools ru88erduck2010 0 1598 6th April 2014 07:20 PM
the dreaded handbrake Brakes/Hubs Dancingdad 17 2686 6th April 2014 01:02 PM
Hello from Tameside,Manchester Welcome to RenaultForums snoopy25 3 617 4th April 2014 05:38 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome