Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio Wiring Loom needs replacing!

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 22nd March 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanks for all your replies guys, very much appreciated. I'm in discussion with Renault at the moment, no progress so far after 3 days.

Bit of background in case anyone else has a similar problem now or in the future:

The car's 3 1/2 years old - just 23k on the clock. Almost 2 weeks ago a warning light came on (orange light centre of the dash - CHK light?) Manual says electrical fault or water in fuel.

Booked the car into renault Watford, they couldn't take it for a week because of local cars having problems with that dodgy batch of fuel that was going round so suspected it was probably bad fuel to blame.

Last Friday I got the call saying the wiring loom behind the manifold had rubbed through and would need to be replaced along with the sensor switch. Overall cost approx 430.00 incl. parts and labour.

I spoke to a local mechanic friend of mine who said he could quote for the work but he was convinced 'chafed' wiring would have been caused by a design fault so advised me to take it up with Renault first.

I've spoken to 4 different people in customer services all of whom have promised to call me back, after 3 days I've not had one phone call.

I will post again when I have an update.

Thanks again
Currently in andye979's garage:
Renault Clio 1.2 16V Extreme 2003
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome