Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Getting like buses this

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 22nd March 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by chris m View Post
The boot problem may be a simple as the striker plate needing adjusting. If you try the remote you should hear the lock motor operate if it does adjust the striker plate. If there is no noise then it may be a solenoid not working or a loose wire.

As for the fuel consumption, many things can effect it. When was the oil and oil filter and the air cleaner last changed, these are fairly cheap and simle things that can have a big effect. (also 5 won't get her far after today I would say before the budget it was only about a petrol can full, after today it's probably a tea cup).

Dont know much about cars, like driving them rather than repairing them so i am guessing the striker plate is the lock part in the boot?

Also before the problems started i never heard/noticed the boot lock motor operating so if it is a solenoid/loose wire how would i go about finding the problem and repairing it?

The car had a full service about 6 months ago and it did not make any difference at all.
Currently in stomp's garage:
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome