Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - clonking laguna!

View Single Post
post #19 of (permalink) Old 22nd March 2007
Technical Supremo

Nominated 16 Times in 67 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 28
Thanked 5,201 Times in 4,712 Posts
Clunkety Clunk Bah - Humbug

Hi Yelnats - a really nice rant - but what makes you believe the RAC guy/gal was a qualified mechanic. I know 3 guys who work for similar organisations and none are qualified mechanics – they are trained only in breakdown and recovery techniques – and very good at their job they are too. Personally I think your issues are purely customer relations and as already said I think that’s the approach you should take. Can you produce any written evidence that the Renault agents you have dealt with have refused to deal with you and on what grounds are they refusing to deal with the situation. Have you as already suggested sought any advice whatsoever from a consumer advice organisation such as Citizens Advice or your local council. If any of the dealers concerned are members of the Motor Traders Association you could also make contact with them. I sincerely hope you get matters resolved but I don’t believe that this forum is the best place to resolve your problems as
none of the garages concerned have had the opportunity to give their views. Sometimes a good rant can make us feel better but it won’t resolve the issues concerned but don’t think for one minute you’re shouting will sway me in the slightest. Oops! Sorry, got to go “the baby has just thrown his dummy out of the pram yet again.” Oh the joys of parenthood!
Currently in madnoel10's garage:
Honda Civic 1.4l
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome