Independent Renault Forums banner

Laguna I Phase II SERV and ABS light reset?

12K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Lagdti 
#1 ·
Hi folks just got back from having gearbox and clutch replaced and my ABS light is on and so is the service light, the mechanic checked the abs cables and connections and all seem fine. Just wondering if there is any way I can reset both lights and see if they come on again, if they do come on again ill go get it checked again. Thanks in advance for any advice...

#2 ·
You could try disconnecting the battery for an hour or so and see if the lights are still on.I haven't had any success with this method myself,but it's worth a try!

I suspect that the fault which threw the light on is still present,and this is why the light stays on.I suspect one of the front wheel speed sensors was damaged when the driveshafts were removed to change the clutch.Ideally you need the codes read from the system and go from there.

#4 ·
Any independant garage with the right scanner can read the fault codes,DON'T go to a main dealer!:)

As for cost,it shouldn't cost you a penny!.The car was fine before the gearbox was fitted,so it's the garages fault.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.