Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Lost Confidence in my Megane

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 23rd March 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Lost Confidence in my Megane

Some time ago I had the misfortune to experience a strange problem with the drivers electric window. It wouldnt go up unless the car was deadlocked. This was duly fixed under warranty by the dealer, who replaced the regulator.

Now yesterday, the day it was booked in for its 18K service I went to get in the car having left it out overnight in the snow and found that the nearside rear window was down, the rear seat was covered in snow and very wet. The door switch was also soaking wet and the window refused to operate, although others did OK.

Later in the day I had a call from the Renault Minute service manager to say that they found the window motor failed and needed to be replaced the following day once a new part can be sourced.

I now feel concerned given the way in which the motor failed that I may park my car in a busy town only to find that when I return one of the windows may be left open exposing the contents of my car to opportunist thieves.

Th manager did suggest that it might have been something to do with the fail safe window device that stops the window fully closing if theres something in the way, but it doesnt put my mind at rest. As the car is nearing 2 years old I feel like getting rid of it!

Model: 1.5 dCI - 80, 5 Dr.

Anybody else had issues with electric windows?

BTW, there has apparantly been a recall on some older cars with regard to this fault, but mine was too new.
Currently in GeeBee's garage:
Megane II 1.5 dCI
  5 Lastest Threads by GeeBee
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Megane 1.5 DcI (106) Engine Smoke Engines madnoel10 1 3359 22nd January 2009 08:02 AM
Lost Confidence in my Megane Cars & motoring Lagdti 5 1391 23rd March 2007 08:32 AM
Hi Temp Error Message Cars & motoring Lagdti 1 907 12th March 2007 05:10 PM
Megane 2 NSF Electric window problem Bodywork xenonstorm 17 9613 5th February 2007 07:45 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome