Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna 11 Error code 1882

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 4th December 2005 Thread Starter
Pat K
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

The gearbox had been getting noisy (which I thought sounded like the release bearing) for a while so I don't think there was any foul play regarding the flywheel bearing collapse, unless my car was road tested by an apprentice?. The garage that replaced the flywheel and clutch were inexperienced with Laguna 11's. It took their mechanic 11 hrs to do the work, they were obviously out of their depth and I wouldn't dare let them touch it again. There were wires loose all over the place, they had cut the cable ties to remove them and not replaced them, they had sheared off a bolt at the front of the engine that held several pipes together and bodged it up. I had a friend sort these for me so it is out of the question for them to look at it again.

I am not too worried about chasing the garage for compensation, they wouldn't take any responsibility at the time. What I cannot find out is what is wrong with the car. Can I assume if the crankcase sensor was damaged it would have shown up on the diagnosis (it has been to a main dealer with this fault) and not a "fuel pressure" fault?. I am interested to know more about the transmission earth lead, the main dealer suggested an earth fault when I had it diagnosed there.

As I said earlier in the thread 147 on diagnostics, everywhere who could look at it, want to diagnose it, what if it gets diagnosed again, and again? I appreciate your time with this, is there a good Renault Main Dealer near Ipswich I could go to that you know of? If I pay to have it diagnosed could I ask for my money back if they can't find anything?.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome