Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - how many men/boys? own a clio 00-05?

View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 23rd March 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by madnoel10 View Post
Hi davegranger - congratulations on getting your new car. Let us know what you think after a month or so - feedback is always welcome. It appears you made your decision after looking at number of models and manufacturers (namely, german, french and italian) across the range of small cars. In my opinion a wise move as most people just decide on a particular model and the head out and look for the cheapest deal. Well done and many happy miles of motoring.
I can't wait a month - I can give you my appraisal now! I'm LOVING it, it's such a fantasic motor, and gives a great ride, great handling, and you can really chuck it around if you want!

It looks like a smart little car as well, and I'm saving a fair whack on both fuel, and tax. Previously I had the loan of a Nissan 2.0 Primera, which was setting me back about £25/£30 week on fuel, but with the Clio, £20 will do me quite nicely, and for the cost of taxing the Nissan for 6 months I can tax the clio for a year.

I love sad little things too, like the orange instrument panel/stereo when the lights are on, ultra-geeky I know, but there you have it. My neighbour has a Corsa, and whenever I see it I can't help but think I've definetely bought the right car!

I've got my Ipod all hooked up via a kit from Connects2 which is fantastic too, I'd have liked to have had some rear speakers in the parcel shelf, but after an initial inspection I don't think the wiring extends to their - never mind though!

I've only had my son in the car a few times, he's 6 months old (we have a scenic as the family car) and it's a bit awkward getting him in and out with it just being a three door car, but that's the only downside, and that'll only last for as long as he's in his car seat!

Great car, and a great choice - my friend tried to take the rise with 'Dave, it's a hairdressers car mate' had to be put down with 'I think you'll find it's a gentleman barbers car '
Currently in davegrainger's garage:
2004 Renault Clio 1.2

Last edited by davegrainger; 23rd March 2007 at 12:00 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome