Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - The Vel Satis Club, for all things Vel....

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 23rd March 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via Yahoo to brighty
Originally Posted by jamesyboy5593 View Post
Thought i'd start this new thread as there were quite a few Vel Satis owners chating on the "Vel Satis Problems" thread, but its title seems a bit negative.

Perhaps if all problems, questions or general chat relating to the Vel were posted here, then it would give us all a focal point of info which is specific to our model (as to be fair, most problems experienced, seem to be bespoke to the Vel.)

Perhaps this thread may become a valuble resource.

Anyway, after all the hick-ups with mine, I can now say that even after all repairs and including the purchase of the car, I still only spent 6000 on this top of the line, and totally individual motor, so i'm well happy!

Even today when I was trying to get filters, people were still saying... "A renault What??"

Love it.
Well done for starting this thread, It didn't seem right to continue the thread with the icon.
I too have everyone baffled with the name of the car, I now tell them if a Grand Espace mated with a Laguna you make a Vel Satis!

The other issue that raises eyebrows is the colour, When you say to someone it's Hessian, They immeadiately think of a sack! I had a slight scratch on the bumper and when I called out 'Chipsaway' he told me it has White,Black ,silver and Blue in the paint! ( hows that for useless information for a friday morning)
Currently in brighty's garage:
2003 Renault Vel Satis 3.5 Initiale
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome