Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna II mpg calculator

View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 23rd March 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I don't agree that the ecu has to know precisely how much fuel is flowing to set the fuel air ratio correctly. So long as it has a rough idea, the precise adjustment is done based on the Lambda sensor output (i.e. Lambda sensor says lean mixture; lengthen injector on time etc). The mpg computer must do its sums based on the standard calibration values of the fuel pressure, temperature etc. Any inaccuracies in these sensors will inevitably give an mpg error.

Now, to the reason I 'm visiting this thread! My V6 started misfiring last week and the ecu warning came on with "pollution monitor faulty".
Anyway, I found the fault - ignition coil on cylinder 2. After changing the coil , I reset the ecu fault codes with my laptop and obd connector and everything seemed fine.
Next morning on the way to work I looked at the "miles to empty" and mpg displays to find that both are just showing dashes. They worked fine before the misfire; pressing the reset has no effect. I'm lost, suggestions anyone?

Currently in hidnmine's garage:
2007 Clio DCi Initiale, 2009 Audi A6, and a 2009 Triumph Sprint ST
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome