Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Espace Seats Phase 2 and 3

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 23rd March 2007
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by happysaks View Post
Hi Trucksbuck
Sorry, not with you. Do you mean that middle seat is different and standard single lapbelt a la Esapce2 wont fit.
Just had a look on eBay and Phase 3 seats still seem to have the 2 fasteners on them.
I'm aware of the rail system but other mountings looked the same on Phase 3 so just wondered.

Cheers in advance.
Hi happysaks,

The seat :- the middle seat on a MK 3 is different, its got a smaller headrest and 2 guide bars on the seat back to guide the extra long seatbelt when used.

The seatbelt :- the middle seat also works with the std lapbelt, but I'm sure the buckles changed, so you may need to get the MK3 lapbelt as well ... best to check the fit if you can before you buy.

Mountings :- I'm sure if its the multi-point mountings the seats should just fit (dbl check as the MK3 is a wider car than the MK2 therefore the seats may be wider, but I would guess the mountings are correct)
If its the rail versions then they wont fit ... no matter what you do to them.

POI, the MK1 and MK2 phase 1 seats fit the MK2 phase 2/3, but need the seatbelt mountings swapped from the newer seats, as the earlier models were all lapbelts in the rear and used different buckles again.

I guess from the age of your car its a MK2 phase 3

Hope I've made it a bit clearer.

Why is it the older I get .... the better I think I was ?
Currently in Truckbusuk's garage:
Clio2 1.4RT Phase1(VF1BB0S) + Volvo XC90 SE Lux D5 Geartronic

Last edited by Truckbusuk; 23rd March 2007 at 03:52 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome