Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - renault kangoo 655 d

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10th April 2014
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: renault kangoo 655 d

Here in Sunny Belgium, I have a 1998 Kangoo 1.9 D65 which has been showing similar issues to what is said in this thread, but I think the problem has been figured out.

1) Change the thermostat. It's an easy one to figure out if it's banjacked or not, take off the header tank cap and start up the engine. Once the temperature gauge gets slightly over the "middle", before the electric fan kicks in, you should see the water returning to the header tank. If you don't see that, the stat's dead.

2) Header tank filler cap. Over-pressurising can happen because the pressure relief valve in the cap is stuck, causing an airlock in the header tank itself. Take cap off, work the relief valve up and down with a screwdriver and a good squirt of WD40, then get some hot, soapy water into a sink/basin/whatever and drop cap into that. Leave to soak for a couple of hours, working the relief valve as before every now and then to get the gunk out. When finished, you should be able to push the relief with a finger without any feeling of it sticking. If not, repeat process or buy a new cap.

That should cure the airlock in the header tank, sort out the circulation problems, etc. It did with mine anyway, but now I have to sort out a couple of pipes joints which are leaking due to the over pressure which means replacing what is likely to be a 16 year old water pipe.

C'est la vie!
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome