Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic Boot Lock Broken - Spar loose

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10th April 2014 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question Scenic Boot Lock Broken - Spar loose

I've read through the numerous threads regarding Scenic boot lock issues and there seem to be loads. Can't see one that matches my issue though. I'm looking for advice on what part I need to replace and where to get one.

Car is a Megane Scenic Elise around 2000 year. The boot has been playing up for years and san be a **** to shut sometimes, requiring really brute force. Have noticed the metal loop catch on body at boot entrance floor can move up and down a bit - not sure if that needs fixing too?

Anyhow, few days ago we shut the boot and it wouldn't open. The boot button won't depress. Central locking makes a clunk and then you can depress boot button but it won't open.

Read in another thread how to use a small screwdriver to lever up the little square flap once you've got inside the boot itself, just above the lock/catch. So we can open it awkwardly.

Then read other threads recommending taking the boot trim off which we've now done. We noticed a loose spring like you'd get in the middle of a clothes peg, which suggested a problem. On closer inspection and advice, the central locking mechanism is fine and does it's job, but a metal bent spar, that is meant to be pushed downwards when the boot button is depressed is loose and separated from the boot button push system.

At top of this metal bat is a black plastic curved plastic thingy which looked like it had the spring on it (circled photo 4). On closer inspection looks like there is some shorn plastic on the button press rear, circled in photo 1 and 3. I can see how i think it should work, but don't think glue will do the job.

So I need to know, what spares I need to ask for and where to get them. Do I need the complete boot button push lock or can I get the spar and its attachment to the button push system. What should I pay, can I fix it myself and should I get the metal loop in boot base replaced. Is the latter easy to do ?

Really appreciate your advice here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.JPG
Views:	17
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	43009   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.JPG
Views:	14
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	43017   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3.JPG
Views:	13
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	43025   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 4.JPG
Size:	123.2 KB
ID:	43033   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 5.JPG
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	43041  
Currently in NorthernTeacher's garage:
Scenic Elise
  5 Lastest Threads by NorthernTeacher
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Scenic Boot Lock Broken - Spar loose Bodywork stevewes 1 713 10th April 2014 11:16 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome