Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - The Vel Satis Club, for all things Vel....

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 23rd March 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

Thanks for info, it may well be that i'm not operating the computer correctly. I have been pressing and holding the stalk in at fill-ups but are you saying that this just resets the oddometer and that I need to do this for each individual screen? I thought it was meant to clear all date since the last push on all screens.

If this is the case then it maywell be why th reading is so low as it would be averageing many miles before I even got the car.

As for changing gear, I havent noticed at what revs I do this, I just do it when it feels right. This is my forst diesel though and I know they rev lower than petrols. Therefore I probably let it rev a bit more that I would normally. My Fiat Coupe for example can change gear at 2000 rpm dropping to about 1200 and is still silky smooth. The Vel however shudders abit I find if changed too early.
Currently in jamesyboy5593's garage:
Scenic II 1.9DCi Privilege, Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo, VW Eos 2.0 TFSI DSG, Gilera Nexus 500 scooter.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome