Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - The Vel Satis Club, for all things Vel....

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 24th March 2007
S.M.A.R.T.(y) Pants
Nominated 11 Times in 37 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 17
Thanked 2,467 Times in 1,851 Posts
Originally Posted by jamesyboy5593 View Post

Thanks for info, it may well be that i'm not operating the computer correctly. I have been pressing and holding the stalk in at fill-ups but are you saying that this just resets the oddometer and that I need to do this for each individual screen? I thought it was meant to clear all date since the last push on all screens. Hi, you are best to clear each field in turn.

If this is the case then it maywell be why th reading is so low as it would be averageing many miles before I even got the car.

As for changing gear, I havent noticed at what revs I do this, I just do it when it feels right. This is my forst diesel though and I know they rev lower than petrols. Therefore I probably let it rev a bit more that I would normally. My Fiat Coupe for example can change gear at 2000 rpm dropping to about 1200 and is still silky smooth. The Vel however shudders abit I find if changed too early.
Your peak torque figure is 1750rpm, your peak power is 4000rpm, your normal driving style should be to change up at a rev point whereby the engine resumes at 1750rpm - that way you avoid any flat spots when the turbo isn't spinning, or waste fuel by revving too high.

Hope that helps,

This job should never be complete - the day I think I've done it all, is the day I resign.

S.M.A.R.T. Technician
Currently in VelSatisfied's garage:
2005 FIAT Ducato 2.8JTD LWB Gran Volume, 2000 Kawasaki ZZR 1100 D7 'fullpower' in black + full GIVI & KAPPA luggage, 2007 MB R-Class 320 CDi Sport LWB uprated by Brabus to 300Bhp don't know if there's a 155mph limiter - will be fun finding out! 2004 Mercedes Vaneo 1.7 CDi Ambiente 7-seater
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome