Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Sat Nav problem

Thread: Sat Nav problem
View Single Post
post #31 of (permalink) Old 24th March 2007
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by taymark16 View Post
Hi everyone, this is my first post so here goes.I have a 2002 Laguna II with the colour screen sat nav,about a month ago the C D icon went RED and the car didnt know where it was,so I took it to renault and they said it was the unit in the dash quoting over £800 for a replacement,so I got hold of a secondhand one from the breakers and fitted that and I still had the same problem C D icon RED,so I got hold of a secondhand C D unit which goes in the glovebox but this unit won't accept any disks,you put the disk in and after about 20secs it ejects it. I rang Renault and they said that because the unit has been powered down I need a boot disk to start it back up and quoted me £130 for this.
Can anyone tell me if this is correct as I don't want to waste any more money buying this disk if I don't need it,plus I think Renault are just clutching at straws being that they diagnosed it incorrectly in the first place.
Firstly, what does the display show with the new units fitted?
Secondly, what colour is the Sat Icon on the display?
Thirdly, from your original description it sounds like a problem with your GPS aerial.
Finally, dont pay anymore money - yet.

Currently in Eeeps's garage:
2011 Clio III dCi 88 Dynamique and 2016 CitroŽn Grand C4 Picasso Exclusive+ EAT6 2.0 BlueHDi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome