Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Anyone done this

View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 12th April 2014
Platinum member
Nominated 6 Times in 17 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Thanked 1,153 Times in 1,014 Posts
Re: Anyone done this

Just observations ;

Ive had a few cars;
1 or 2 at the most I think had studs.
I cant remember which ,but i do remember seeing them on older british iron and fords ?

Studs would be easier to damage the thread on I would think,just by fitting the wheel on you could scrape them?

You cant bang a wheel onto studs faster than a qwik bang fitter?

I do sympathise with the finding the hole aspect.
When fitting my alloys for summer.Haha light alloys!,they weigh 50lbs+ each with tyres(which are also heavier than the 15 in tyres its not too easy).

Line the hub up so its only a half inch lift ,then tilt/lift them on.Once theyre on the centre hub it doesnt need much pressure to hold them on and rotate them.
1 bolt in barely tight then second bolt..jiggle the wheel to see if there is anymore hand tightening seating play and then good to go for all 5.

My alloys have "tuner bolts",which means they are narrower than normal and have a socketed head.

The thing which may..or may not be of interest is ,when they were originally supplied they came with "tuner" nuts.
Humble apologies from the supplier etc and they sent the bolts overnight delivery.
They didnt want the nuts back

Point is if anyone "genuine" such as Phil needs tuner nuts for alloys.
They have a steeper seating angle than steel wheel nuts too ,then I have 23 or 24 for postage cost.

Currently in coup's garage:
RM III coupe 1.5dci FVT,Audi TT Mk1 ,a bike and too much rubbish.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome