Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - To Coupe or not to Coupe that is the question

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 16th April 2014
Diamond member
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Re: To Coupe or not to Coupe that is the question

Originally Posted by coup View Post
One other thing which isnt mentioned a lot is:
For the standard 4 door hatch vs the standard 2 door hatch(coupe),aside from a different rear shape.

The coupe has 12 mm lower springs/ride height as standard.Makes the shape a lil lower n meaner but has a slight penalty in ride comfiness.Handling in the coupe is probly a bit sharper as a consequence,you would hope,but havent driven a 4 door for any length of time.
Ive driven the four door coup (we got one as a company car) and it seems like it is more reluctant to turn in on a corner if you start pushing hard. That is one thing I am pleased with on my coupé that even on budget tyres the car has masses of grip. You really do have to push the limits of the car to start getting understeer.

One thing I do hate is the fact of the traction control coming in after 24mph. Thats one thing I wish Renault sorted out, if i pushed the off button it means i want it off lol

But totally agree with what Paul said, (and probably wiil be) that you will be using the car a hell of a lot more than any said passengers and its not like the passenger seat isnt easy to get into anyway

Please, if you fix your vehicle's problem, leave a message on the thread you started and tell the whole 'world ' so that we can learn to. Many Thanks

My average MPG =
Currently in snoopy25's garage:
2009 1.6i Megane Coupé
The Following User Says Thank You to snoopy25 For This Useful Post:
Weeblueclio (17th April 2014)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome