Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna I 1.9 dti RT will not start

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 26th March 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Laguna I 1.9 dti RT will not start

Hi Each

I have a 1998 Laguna 1.9 dti that has a difficult to trace fault.

It started initially, with the glow plug light not coming on, but if you persevered, it eventually came on and off you went.

Now the glow plug light does not come on and the vehicle will not start. I had it investigated by a mate who helped me track it down to the glow plug relay. I replaced this, it did not help, he said then it must be the ECU , I sent this off for testing, it was fine. I tried a local auto technician who worked on it for a couple of hours and he told me it was the coil which goes round the ignition key barrel, i have replaced this without any effect. So now I am at a loss, I think the technician established there is no current going to the ECU , he is not available for weeks (not interested I read that as) can anyone throw somke suggestions at me?
Currently in carpfindergeneral's garage:
1998 Renault Laguna RXE Diesel 2.0
  5 Lastest Threads by carpfindergeneral
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laguna I 1.9 dti RT will not start Electronics carpfindergeneral 2 1082 26th March 2007 11:14 AM
Problems in the glow plug circuit Welcome to RenaultForums chris m 1 902 17th March 2007 09:09 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome