Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 97 Mk 1 Clio - Cut out and Service

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 26th March 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question 97 Mk 1 Clio - Cut out and Service

Hi everyone,

Right I've had my clio for 2 and a half years and I've never had it serviced at all, no oil change no nothing. I was worried reading in the manual about how you MUST get the timing belt changed every 75000 (cant remember exactly) miles or so, this breaking meaning your car breaks. I've done about 25000 miles in it and its got about 92,000 on the clock so I suppose it's at the stage where I should do things to keep it going rather than do things when they break. Now 1st of all, what sort of price would I be looking at to get the car serviced, and do I need / should I get it done at renault. I know dealer garages are dear but is it a good idea to get service done there (because they'll know the car better)

Also, my clio randomly cuts out somtimes when I stop, or slow down to <10 mph. It always starts up again, but sometimes i need to rev it to stop it from failing again. This is a pain, especially when slowing for a roundabout! Anyone else had this problem? Or any ideas what it might be? It seems to not like just ticking over. Weird though, because somtimes it does it 5 + times on a drive, and other times it doesnt do it at all for months. I do 300+ miles a week too.

Cheers guys

Currently in dhassen's garage:
1996 Renault Clio 1.2
  5 Lastest Threads by dhassen
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
MOT - will I fail because of this? Cars & motoring Lagdti 15 2253 10th September 2008 11:08 AM
Engine Cleaning Engines ottoman 9 1445 7th February 2008 01:34 PM
My timing belt snapped on the motorway - errrg Engines dhassen 4 1761 4th September 2007 08:28 PM
97 Mk 1 Clio - Cut out and Service Clio james4287 20 5069 26th March 2007 02:37 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome