Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic 2 electronic handbrake noise on an incline

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 17th April 2014
Honorary Yorkshireman just in Derbyshire
Nominated 18 Times in 14 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
Thanked 1,684 Times in 1,287 Posts
Re: Scenic 2 electronic handbrake noise on an incline

Oh Dear, this is common, I caused a similar nag when I changed the battery on the Mk2 we bought in January. It cost me 7 for an interface between car diagnostic connector & Laptop. Plus a copy of DDT2000 from the net & a lot of swearing. Apparently, there is a procedure to be followed just to disconnect & reconnect a battery FFS.
More worrying, is the grinding noise & the car making a bid for freedom on hills. I suspect the rear disc pads are on the limit & the handbrake module is reporting same. Do a search for "electronic parking brake". If you are mechanically minded tis a fairly easy DIY job, so I'm told. If you decide to DIY, disconnect the battery, to stop the handbrake operating should the car or hubs move whilst the calipers are off.
A visit to a Renault knowledgable garage will be required to have the nags removed, but at least you'll get both removed in one visit & for the same price.

Regards Tim,
You are only young once, but you can be immature forever
Give a n00b the answer he will be learn for a day; show him the search button, he will learn for life.
Currently in Nottnoc's garage:
2008 Scenic Mk2 Dynamique 1.6 K4M 782. 1998 BMW K1100LTSE, 1994 MotoGuzzi Caifornia 3 LAPD, 1972 Norton Commando, 2010 Trafic SL29 M9R782 115, Lots of tools, Camping Gear & Booze
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome