Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Please see if you agree with the statements listed here ?

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 6th December 2005
Banned User
Curveball Champion
Nominated 9 Times in 16 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 10
Thanked 3,511 Times in 2,879 Posts
Originally Posted by davesss

I think instead of offering all this blah,blah,blah.rubbish they should just offer a smooth easy repair at a fair price.

The new minute service my Renault garage is hardly running at all, an appointment is needed, we might be able to do it next week was the answer!.

The mechanics need training in the main garage, took them 2 hours to diagnose a problem When I had all ready told them what the problem was!

It might be just my Dealer, they need to get their act together before they try to offer a cradle to death sort of service.

I have just read the post above, I have sent 2 emails to my garage and had no replies, I sent one email to another Renault garage and got an answer the next day?

Apart from all that, are they alright?

I gotta be honest I've had some problems too, like a dip stick kid managing to bleed the coolant and getting it all over a Sparkrite electronic alarm, which set it off, but only the once, it wouldn't activate itself after that. BTW this did screw it up, but in all fairness after they tried denying this had happened, (I was there I saw it) they did replace it, when I threatened to pull the service managers ribcage out.

On another occasion I saw my car being driven in the garage over the edge of a pressed steel U shaped ramp, this didn't do the tyre a fat lot of good, but I think the service manager must have remembered me, it was replaced, but things like this in a main dealer shouldn't happen!! Its all a matter of being in the right place, at the right time, so that you witness these events.
Currently in hondo's garage:
1.6 Valve-Matic SR. Red hot, toasty feet.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome