Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Engines - 2.0 Petrol engine missfire

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 7th December 2005 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Scenic - Engines - 2.0 Petrol engine missfire

Hi Im John & I drive a 2004 Scenic 2.0 Privelege Plus and I have been having this problem on & off for the last two years. It only happens intermittently when the engine idles very roughly and you can "feel" the missfire through the seat....I have had it in to the dealer on 3 occasions and every time they tell me there is nothing wrong. On 2 out of the 3 visits, I have been handed back a damaged vehicle! In October last year they finally changed the coils after my repeatedly saying it was as if a spark plug was breaking down. Due to a problem I had today, I decided to explore Google and see what I could find on the subject. According to various posts I have found here and elsewhere, It appears that a batch of coils are faulty but I do not know whether they are Sagem or Denso as I cannot see the make. However, I can see the number 4-252 on the side of the coils . Can anybody tell if these are ok or suspect from the number given? Today it began to idle roughly & was running like the proverbial smacked A*se when I pulled into the supermarket. Ater about an hour or so when I came to go home it started ok initially and after about a mile, I noticed the warning light for exhaust emissions was on ( statically, not flashing ) and it was running extremely roughly. When I got home, I called my local dealer and arranged for it to be looked at the following day. I then rang Renault UK & explained the scenario regarding the multiple visits and no fault found etc and stated that I had no faith in the dealer and was in fact convinced that come tomorrow, I would be given back a damaged car with no engine faults discovered and be out of pocket to boot. To say they were less than helpful would be an understatement.

Having just started the car after 3 hours or so, the warning light is no longer on & although the engine is far from running smoothly, it is a lot better than it was. My dilemma now is whether to go ahead with the appointment tomorrow or keep my fingers crossed and cancel..if I go to the dealer, can anyone suggest the direction to point them in to remedy this problem??

Apologies to all for the length of my first post, any input would be greatly appreciated.....

5 Lastest Threads by Jayel
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Scenic - Engines - 2.0 Petrol engine... Scenic GreenVanMan 19 7676 7th December 2005 02:29 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome